Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hi again! New Year's Goals 2016

So it's been a while...I was actually thinking of deleting this entire blog last night, but I was re-reading it and I realized that I am kind of a good writer (and apparently sort of vain) so I decided to keep it.  Additionally, I realized that my favorite posts have been about food.  I still cook, maybe without so much gusto, but I am hoping this blog will inspire me once again!  Which was the whole point in the beginning, but I got a little side tracked by the whole kid thing.  But it's okay! He is worth it.

Anyway, I digress. Since it is the start of a new year, I am determined to do some blogging once again.  I wouldn't say it is a new year's resolution, but more of a goal.  I totally just plagiarized that last sentence from Emilie.  Sorry Emilie, but it was so good!  It's been a long time since I wrote anything for myself or did anything tremendously creative and I need that outlet.  Okay that is not totally true, I have taken up knitting, but that's really not all that exciting to blog about.  Maybe I will do a knitting post now that I think about it.

The point is I want to write something creative.  I am six months and 20 class meetings (not that I am counting...) away from having a Master's degree.  I will be a Master of Public Administration.  What will I do with that you ask?  I am not entirely sure, but it has been one hell of a ride to get here and I will probably cry of relief when I graduate.  I hope to find my way back to college advising, as I tend to give unsolicited advise to anyone who mentions an interest in college.  I have given my massage therapist tons of advice for his teenage son and he commented to me just last week that I really should do this for a living.  Additionally my husband bought a car this summer from some kid on craigslist, and I spend a good half hour lecturing, writing notes, and pointing him to helpful websites after he made the mistake of mentioning to me that he wanted to go to a community college.  So that is the long term goal.  I think.

As for this blog, I would like to get back into writing about food, and me, but mostly about food.
On a personal level I've made some goals for myself in the new year.

So my goals (not resolutions) are:

Have faith things will work out


Stay as healthy as possible


Be present 


Worry less 


Pray 


Read 


Cook 


Bake


Decorate cakes


Sleep


Blog 


Graduate


Are these too ambitious?  Can I accomplish them?  Only time will tell, but I am feeling fairly optimistic.

Also, in the last few years (and because pictures make everything more interesting) I've started decorating cakes again.


For my kid's second birthday


For my dad's retirement
Keep Tasting,

Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment